Looking for a tasty way to get more veggies in? Try This chocolate cherry smoothie!
This smoothie has become my latest favorite. If you are worried that the spinach and kale will ruin the chocolate flavor, fear not…the chocolate easily overpowers it! I have been using this smoothie when I need a nutrient dense, anti-inflammatory meal on the go.
Healthy Chocolate Cherry Smoothie
- 8 Ounces Favorite dairy free milk Coconut or almond work well
- 1 Serving Chocolate protein powder I use a vegetarian pea/rice blend or a collagen protein
- 1/2 Cup Frozen organic baby spinach
- 1/2 Cup Frozen organic kale
- 2-3 Large organic sweet dark cherries
- 1 Tbsp Almond butter Optional
- Place 8 ounces of milk in your blender or cup, then add the protein powder and almond butter, then place frozen cherries, spinach and kale on top, and blend with an immersion stick or regular blender.
- *Note- You can use fresh instead of frozen ingredients, in which case you will need to add some ice. I keep frozen organic spinach, kale, and a variety of berries in my freezer just for smoothies. As I have mentioned before, my favorite way to make smoothies is to use an immersion blender, as it is fast and easy to clean up!