What is Mei Zen Cosmetic Acupuncture?
Mei Zen is a healthy option for cosmetic improvement and anti-aging therapy. Although cosmetic acupuncture has been performed for centuries in China for the aristocracy and wealthy, the procedure is not well known in the US.
Patients who are considering cosmetic procedures to appear more youthful but are concerned about having surgery, injections of chemicals/medications, laser treatments or chemical peels may be interested in Mei Zen Cosmetic Acupuncture.
- Flattening of deep wrinkles
- Possible elimination of fine wrinkles
- Reduction of redness, rosacea and petechiae (small superficial capillaries)
- Improvement of acne and melasma
- Reduction of dark circles and puffiness under eyes
- Sharpening of the jaw line
- Improved elasticity of the skin
- Increased blood flow and lymphatic circulation to the face
Procedure: The treatment consists of a one hour session twice a week for five weeks. Extremely small acupuncture needles are placed to the level of the dermis in multiple locations on the face. This stimulates the production of your own collagen and elastin which causes the desired results. At the same time a full acupuncture treatment is performed utilizing body points. Many patients report improved digestion, better sleep, decrease in hot flashes, decrease in anxiety and increased energy. Each appointment is 60 min in length.
Risks: The needling is so superficial that the risks are minimal and usually limited to bruising which resolves in a few days.