Sea veggies aren’t just for sushi anymore! Adding mineral-rich seaweed to your diet is another way to help prevent aging, disease and detox the body. Add sea vegetables to soups and salads for a healthy boost and sushi twist. This detoxing salad incorporates traditional sushi ingredients like nori, ginger, cucumber, sesame and avocado. No chopsticks required!
This recipe was originally published by Vine Healthcare.
- 4 cups romaine chopped
- 1/2 cup purple cabbage chopped
- 1/2 cup carrots
- 1/2 cup cucumer seeded, chopped
- 1 avocado chopped
- 2 nori sheets torn into small pieces
- 1/2 cup Cilantro chopped
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds toasted (optional garnish)
- 2 tablespoons unfiltered Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 inch fresh ginger peeled
- 2 tablespoons coconut aminos
- 2 tablespoons water
- wasabi powder to taste (optional)
- Add sesame seeds to a small pan over medium-low heat. Toast until golden. Set aside to use as garnish.
- In a small jar, combine olive oil, grated ginger, coconut aminos, water and wasabi powder (if using). Shake well.
- Combine veggies, nori sheets and cilantro in a bowl. Add dressing to taste and mix well.